Farmer Pride produces certified seed and aggregates produce for big buyers like Vester Oil Company Limited. The company aggregates maize, soya beans, groundnuts, sorghum and cowpea from more than 2,000 smallholder farmers across eight districts. It also provides agro-inputs and services such as ploughing, tarpaulin rental and threshing, both on cash and credit terms. A relatively new MADE partner, Farmer Pride joined the programme in 2017; in 2018, it aggregated 1,300 MT of maize, 1,024 MT of groundnuts and 1,200 MT of soya beans.
- Introduced the Advanced Model, which enabled Farmer Pride to offer a bundle of inputs and services to smallholder farmers.
- Recruited, trained and deployed eight Farm Enterprise Advisors (FEAs) and one FEA manager.
- Facilitated formal commercial partnerships between Farmer Pride and Agriaccess Ghana Limited, Big Ajar Farms, Gifts Kyortaare Company Limited and Nouna Royal.
- Increased smallholder farmer outreach from 300 in 2017 to 1,060 in 2019.
- Increased understanding among farmers on how to improve their agricultural methods.
- Increased smallholder farmers’ access to inputs and services on credit.
- Raised yields for smallholder farmers between 2017 and 2019.
- Improved access to markets.