Abenyeri Farms produces and aggregates maize, rice, sorghum and groundnut from a network of 811 smallholder out-growers (51% women) farming a total of 2,028 acres of land in two districts. The company also supplies maize to Agricare Ltd. It provides its out-growers with agro-inputs and services such as seed cleaning and ploughing. The company is also involved in poultry farming and livestock rearing. It joined the MADE programme in 2017 and in 2019 aggregated 1,700 bags of maize from its smallholder farmers.
- Recruited, trained and deployed four Farm Enterprise Advisors (FEAs) and one FEA manager.
- Provided demonstrations and training on the proper application of agro-inputs, weed control and appropriate spacing when planting.
- Facilitated commercial partnerships between Abeneryi Farms and Savanna Agrichain and Adakant Enterprise.
- Facilitated/strengthened commercial partnerships with other MADE enterprises.
- Introduced the Advanced Business Model.
- Increased access to agro-inputs, credit and markets.
- Increased understanding of good agricultural practices and proper application of agro-inputs.
- Facilitated timely application of inputs such as fertiliser.
- Improved financial forecasting and planning for smallholders.
- Increased yields for smallholder farmers from an average of 10 bags (100kg) per acre to 17 bags (100kg) per acre between 2018 and 2019.