Antika Company Limited is a certified seed producer and leading distributor of agro-inputs to smallholder farmers and out-growers. The company offers inputs and services to more than 15,000 farmers, who include out-growers of maize, soybean, rice, groundnut, and certified sorghum seed, as well as smallholder farmers producing cereal and vegetable crops for wholesale aggregation and retail sale. For the company’s contributions to farming, Managing Director Abdulai Antiku received various awards including first runner-up for the National Best Farmer Award 2013, and second runner-up for the National Best Farmer Award 2019. Antika joined the MADE programme in 2014, and in 2018 aggregated 1,990 MT of produce (up from 850 MT in 2015).
- Recruited, trained and deployed 20 Farm Enterprise Advisors (FEAs) and four FEA managers.
- Supported annual farm demonstrations showcasing improved seed varieties and good agricultural practices.
- Facilitated commercial partnerships between Antika and Iddrisu Hamida Enterprise, and Wini Ventures.
- Introduced bundled input and service delivery through the Advanced Model.
- Expanded smallholder farmer outreach from 1,840 in 2015 to 4,009 in 2018.
- Increased smallholder farmers’ access to inputs on credit.
- Raised yields for smallholder farmers between 2015 and 2018: 142% for maize, 123.5% for rice and 112.5% for soybean.