AY Nasare is an agribusiness that produces and aggregates maize, cowpea, groundnut and soybean working with smallholder farmers. The company provides them with inputs such as herbicides, seeds, pesticides and fertilisers. The business works with 720 smallholder farmers (of whom about 10% are women) in the Lambusie Karni, Sissala East and West districts. Each farmer cultivates an average of 2 acres. The company joined the MADE programme in 2013 and aggregated 2,000 maxi-bags of maize in 2018.
- Recruited, trained and deployed one Farm Enterprise Advisor (FEA) to ensure the application of good agricultural practices by farmers in their fields.
- Supported underserved farmers using extension services from the Ministry of Food and Agriculture to offer advice and information to help them increase production.
- Provided demonstrations and training on how to apply fertilisers and pesticides.
- Facilitated relationships with other MADE partners, such Guohuoballe Agro-Services, for complementary supply of agro-inputs and services.
- Facilitated and strengthened commercial partnerships with other enterprises such as Zabk Royal Enterprise and Abu Sayibu Enterprise.
- Increased access to inputs, credit and markets.
- Increased knowledge of good agricultural practices in collaboration with the Ministry of Food and Agriculture.
- Increased smallholder outreach from 300 to 720 between 2013 and 2019.
- Facilitated timely application of inputs: fertiliser, weedicides and pesticides.
- Improved financial forecasting and planning for smallholders.
- Increased yields for maize from 6 to 17 maxi-bags per acre and soybean from 3 to 10 maxi-bags per acre.