Gifts Kyortaare Company Limited is a female-led agribusiness working with over 15,000 farmers in nine districts across the five regions of northern Ghana. The firm aggregates sorghum, groundnut, soybean, maize and tiger nuts. It also processes groundnut into semi-finished and finished ready-to-use products for soups and spreads. Gifts Kyortaare directly supports 2,500 farmers (56% women) with improved seeds, fertiliser and ploughing services, and provides training and technical support. A recent MADE partner, Gifts Kyortaare joined the programme in 2019. In 2018, the company supplied 1,500 MT of sorghum to Guinness Ghana Breweries Limited, 320 MT of soybean to Finer Foods and 200 MT of maize to poultry farmers.
- Recruited, trained and deployed six Farm Enterprise Advisors (FEAs) and one FEA manager.
- Enabled Gifts Kyortaare to add value through cleaning, sorting, grading, processing and packaging.
- Provided support for generating product demand through, for example, participation in agricultural fairs.
- Strengthened commercial relationships between Gifts Kyortaare and MADE partners such as Farmer Pride and Antika Limited.
- Introduced the Advanced Model, which enabled Gifts Kyortaare to offer a bundle of inputs and services to smallholder farmers.
- Expanded smallholder farmer outreach from 2,000 in 2018 to 2,500 in 2019.
- Increased smallholder farmers’ access to inputs on credit.
- Increased understanding among smallholder farmers on the proper application and use of agro-inputs.
- Facilitated more timely application of agro-inputs on smallholder farms through improved service provision.
- Raised maize yields for smallholder farmers from eight bags to 14 bags maize between 2018 and 2019.