Johil Farmer Solutions Enterprise joined the MADE programme in 2015 and has since engaged in the provision of input services to farmers producing maize, rice, soybean and vegetables. The company currently works with 2,500 smallholder farmers (40% women) in three districts, each farming an average of 2 acres. The company provides seed, fertiliser and agro-chemical inputs, and aggregation and good agricultural practices services. These have resulted in a high adoption of improved technologies, increased yield and productivity, and strengthened income and food security for participating farmers. The company facilitated the aggregation of an average of 30,000 MT of maize, soybean and rice in the 2018 and 2019 seasons.
- Recruited, trained and deployed eight Farm Enterprise Advisors (FEAs) and one FEA manager.
- Facilitated links with tractor services for timely ploughing services.
- Provided demonstrations, training and good agricultural practices to improve adoption of improved technologies.
- Facilitated relationships with other MADE partners in inputs and aggregation services.
- Facilitated/strengthened commercial partnerships with Akandem Farms and Abenyeri Farms.
- Introduced the Advanced Business Model for providing services to client farmers.
- Increased smallholder outreach by over 300%.
- Increased access to timely inputs, credit and market services.
- Increased understanding of good agricultural practices and proper application of agro-inputs.
- Improved financial forecasting and planning for smallholder farmers.
- Increased the yields, income and food security of smallholder farmers.