Khama Integrated Farm Company Limited provides smallholder farmers with ploughing and harvesting services as well as certified seeds and agro-inputs. It uses the out-grower model and organises demonstrations every season to teach farmers about the best production practices for various crops. Alongside other members of staff, the business employs Farm Enterprise Advisers (FEAs), which have increased from three to 10 since its involvement with MADE. Khama has formed commercial partnerships with several enterprises along the agriculture value chain. These include Karaga ABC, BOSSAFA, Wumpini Agro Chemicals, Tradeline Consults, Yonda Farms and Tona Company Limited. These partnerships benefit the business in terms of input credit support and advisory services. Khama partnered with MADE in 2016.
- Enabled the recruitment and training of seven FEAs.
- Facilitated the provision of strategic business training with Empretec.
- Sponsored farm demonstrations of good agricultural practices.
- Provided training on M-Access.
- Enabled enrolment onto various bundles of crop services.
- Increased smallholder outreach from 748 to 2,500 in 2018.
- Increased the amount of maize, rice soybean and groundnut aggregated from smallholder farmers from an average of 150 MT to 610 MT in the 2019 farming season.
- Raised yields for smallholders from four to 10 bags, six to 20 bags, three to 9 bags and six to 12 bags, per acre of maize, rice, soybeans and groundnut respectively.