Ndisuglo Farms Enterprise is an agribusiness company that produces seed and grain, and is actively engaged in the provision of mechanisation services and farm input credit services to its network of out-grower farmers. Aggregation services are extended to out-growers and as well to other non-affiliated farmers in the business operational areas. The company currently works with 800 out-growers (of which 69% are women) in Gushiegu Municipal and Karaga District, with each farmer cultivating an average farm size of 2.5 acres. An Ndisuglo farmer was awarded Karaga District Best Farmer in 2015 and 2018. The company supplies Avnash and Agricare with rice and maize respectively. The partnership with the MADE programme was entered into in 2016, and Ndisuglo has since aggregated 100,000 MT of maize and 60,000 MT of rice.
- Recruited, trained and deployed four Farm Enterprise Advisors, responsible for planning and organising field activities, working closely with lead farmers based in each community.
- Provided tractor services for land preparation to 800 out-growers.
- Provided demonstrations and training using nucleus farms as an effective means of transferring knowledge to farmers.
- Facilitated relationships with other MADE partners, such as Agricare Limited, which buys maize in large quantities from Ndisuglo Farms.
- Facilitated and strengthened commercial partnerships with Advans Ghana and NRGP.
- Increased access to inputs, credit and markets through a commercial arrangement with Agricare GH Limited (supplied hybrid maize seed, agro-chemicals and packaging materials for onward distribution to the out-growers).
- Increased understanding of good agricultural practices and proper application of agro-inputs.
- Facilitated timely access to ploughing services and application of inputs.
- Increased maize yield from an average of 16 to 25 bags (50 kg) per acre using input protocol supplied by Agricare GH Limited.