Simple Prince Enterprise is a company dealing in agro-inputs including fertiliser and pesticides and improved seed for maize, cereals, legume and vegetable crops. It is the main distributor of YARA fertiliser and operates across 13 districts in the Upper East Region. Through nucleus farmers and aggregators, Simple Prince supplies inputs and fertilisers to nearly 2,500 smallholders (30% women), farming an average of three acres each. It also provides tractor, transportation and warehousing services. Simple Prince joined the MADE programme in 2016.
- Recruited, trained and deployed 12 Farm Enterprise Advisors.
- Facilitated a collaboration with the aggregators Ariku Farms, Yelsume Ghana and Alokodongo Farms to enable the provision of complementary inputs and services.
- Introduced the Advanced Model to help Simple Prince expand into providing tractor, warehousing and transportation services.
- Increased smallholder farmer outreach from 1,500 in 2017 to nearly 2,500 in 2018.
- Increased smallholder farmers’ access to inputs on credit.
- Increased understanding among farmers on how to improve their agricultural methods.
- Improved yields for smallholder farmers between 2017 and 2018 and raised production from 720 MT to 3,000 MT.