Wumpini Agro Chemicals Company Limited operates more than 20 input retail outlets across eight districts. The company sells inputs and provides tractor services to over 5,000 smallholder farmers producing cereals, legumes, tubers and vegetables in the Northern Region and beyond. Wumpini also offers technical training to smallholder farmers to improve efficiency and overall productivity. Wumpini first joined the MADE programme in 2014, when it rolled out the Input Dealer Model; in 2018 it also implemented the Advanced Model.
- Recruited, trained and deployed 12 Farm Enterprise Advisors.
- Facilitated commercial partnerships between Wumpini and Zuc-Faan Enterprise, and Tamaha Business Solutions.
- Introduced the Input Dealer Model and the Advanced Model, which enabled Wumpini to offer a bundle of inputs and services to smallholder farmers.
- Increased smallholder farmer outreach from 2,365 in 2017 to 5,000 in 2018.
- Increased smallholder farmer access to inputs and services on credit.
- Increased understanding among smallholder farmers on the proper application and use of agro-inputs (by offering on the spot and after sales services).
- Facilitated more timely application of agro-inputs on smallholder farms through improved service provision.
- Raised maize yields for smallholder farmers between 2017 and 2018: from 230 MT to 657 MT.